Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Beach Reads: What's on my Wishlist this Summer!





Hello summer and hello more time to read! If you're looking for your next book, here's 5 picks I'm placing on my wishlist this summer:


When I heard  the same Judy Blume of my youthful reading adventures now writes books for grown-ups, I was thrilled. While I wondered if I'd find a book entitled, "Are you there, God? It's Me, Menopause", I was joyfully surprised to find this fantastic beach read, Summer Sisters. With themes like a friendship dating to the late 1970's and the setting of Martha's Vineyard, it sounds like the perfect beach read!


While we're in New England, I thought I'd add Nantucket author Elin Hilderbrand's The Rumor into the mix. Hmm. I hear the "rumor" on this book is that it's a page-turner!


I love reading Mary Kay Andrews' books for their wit, humor and strong female lead characters. Beach Town takes the reader to a sleepy town in the panhandle of Florida and looks like an entertaining read from start to finish.

 

History, romance and a hurricane blend to create a story worth checking out. Set in the 1930's, even the cover image oozes with summer-time nostalgia.


Described as having humor and heart, this story of a family on a two week vacation to the faraway land of Mallorca has my interest piqued. For one thing, where is Mallorca, anyways?

Happy reading!!!

*** Shameless plug of my own beach reads ... Stories of friendship, wit, heart and yes, beaches! Check them out at www.audryfryer.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I saw this post! I love Summer Sisters--so heartbreaking isn't it? Blume also has a new adult novel out, In the Unlikely Event, that I finished this month. You should check it out. My only complaint was that it had too many characters which caused it to be a little confusing. The Rumor is also very fast-paced and fun. I love Elin Hilderbrand's novels :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! I am so curious to check out the books by Judy Blume. Summer Sisters seems like a good place to start. Also, Elin Hilderbrand novels never seem to disappoint! I'm glad to hear The Rumor is just as entertaining as all her other books.

      Delete

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".