Friday, January 16, 2015

Word!

This week I came across two articles that have sparked my sensitivities about the words I use, most likely words you use ... we all use everyday. Of course, as a writer, you can see why I was drawn to such articles. But, it seems for all of us, no matter what profession, choosing your words carefully can make all the difference to your outlook and how others view you. 

First up, an article by Michael Hyatt (if you're interested in finding success in any part of your life, follow this guy). Check out how making a one word swap of taking out "have to" and replacing it with "get to" can make all the difference in "How a Shift in Your Vocabulary Can Instantly Change Your Attitude." 

Suddenly, I'm really, very aware that if I started using different words instead of the ones I've been overusing, that my writing, posting and speaking would become even more awesome and amazing! I am taking a deep sigh as I agonize over "awesome" and "amazing" making this list of words to "erase forever", but it's worth reading why in this article from Writer's Circle, "Very and Other Useless Words to Erase Forever."

Now that you know what words to avoid, replace them with this list from Buzzfeed's article, 48 Ways to Make Your Life A Million Times Better.

48 Ways To Make Your Life A Million Times Better I don't even know anymore.

So to quote a few words from the above list, I'm thankful you stopped by my blog for this delightful post on words. I've got to skedaddle! Before I go, I have the gumption and the audacity to share my delightful website www.audryfryer.com with you! It would be so lovely if you took the time to contemplate my site. I hope you become enthralled by my dandy selection of novels. Until next week, may your days be resplendent with scrumptious hullaballoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".