Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Muffin Top, Several Hangovers and a Resolution-ary War

A few days ago the clock struck and I, once again, became armed with good intentions aimed to wage resolution-ary war on the new year.

Let’s get my usual resolutions out of the way first.  Yep, over the holidays, I managed to become the female version of Tim Allen in that Santa Claus movie.  My Christmas alter ego, Mrs. Claus, had a good time overindulging in the three holiday food groups:  fats, sweets and alcohol.


So, resolution #1:  Be healthy in the new year. Blah, blah, blah, Jillian Michaels, blah, blah, blah.

Resolution #2:  No fear in the new year.  For this one, I’ll need to wage resolution-ary war on those little negative thoughts.  You know the ones that creep in when you’re just about to take a risk and go after your far flung dreams.  Actually, it’s more like a voice (I’ve given her the very unoriginal name of Negative Nancy and she sounds like a whiny woman with a Long Island accent) saying things like, “You’re wasting your time” and “Honestly, you call yourself a writer and this is the best you can come up with?”

Resolution #3:  Live, laugh, love … (Negative Nancy says this is a huge cliché and a lame attempt at a third resolution.  I will now bound and gag her and continue.)  

Resolution  #3 again:  A finished and for sale second novel, “Secrets, Lies and Apple Pies” by September 1, 2012.  AND, sometimes witty, sometimes insightful, hopefully a little of both, brand new weekly blog posts!

Sneak peek at next week:  "A Multi-taskers Guide to the Universe" (well, a partial guide anyway!)

Happy 2012!  

Bonus resolution:  Spread a little "like" in the world.  Find me on my author page at:
and share your resolutions - even if you've already broken them!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".