Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October!


This weekend, the mere flip of a calendar page produced a reaction in me so exuberant that I can only describe it in one word, "October!"


I want to do it all ...  everything and anything associated with the fine month of October, I want to do it!  And, I know I'm not alone in this sentiment.  Judging by the parking lot at our local orchard, October fever has struck big time!  All it takes is one chilly breeze plus a flutter of leaves sweeping across the road and it's go time!

The minute I tacked up the new calendar page, the excitement was unleashed in a series of must dos.  I want to pick pumpkins and apples ...




bake a pie, drink apple cider, drink pumpkin ale or anything labeled with word "fest", visit a pumpkin patch, ride a hayride, make a scarecrow ...

.... climb a giant hay stack ...




... eat pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, eat a pumpkin pie, eat anything orange in color, eat candy corn, go on a nature walk, wear cozy clothes, collect leaves, rake up piles of leaves and jump into them ....




... oh the leave peeping!  ...  (Did I mention my birthday?  Maybe that's why I'm so biased.  Mark your calendars with a big orange circle around the 15th :-)

And, don't get me started about Halloween.  Candy!  Chocolate candy!  I want to wear orange and black, wear silly Halloween shirts, watch Celebrity Ghost Stories, watch scary movies, visit a haunted house, buy costumes, carve a jack-o-lantern ...




Well, I'd better get started on everything here plus few I may have forgotten to mention before these short 31 days are a mere memory.  Not to mention that my next novel is set partially at an apple orchard in the Fall.  I better take notes and get back to writing. 



1 comment:

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".