Thursday, August 18, 2011

I want to write like that!

My apologies for a late post.  I am very aware that I have shifted into full summer mode.  It's like I'm on "island time" (minus the island).  I wake an hour later than I should.  My family eats dinner way later than in the cooler, darker months.  And, now on Thursday, here's Wednesday's post.  In less than two weeks, school will resume and with it, mornings that must begin much, much earlier.   There will be the inevitable shift of our mental time zones.  No more island time and no more kids literally climbing on me as I attempt to write anything from this blog to a simple e-mail.  And, forget about that next novel!  The outline is patiently sitting on my desk waiting for September.

Next week, my blog and I and, oh yeah, the three kids and the husband are off for a little rest and relaxation.  I hope to return ready to face another school year and even more ready to take advantage of a quiet house by focusing on writing.  When I do go to climb the mountain that is the first draft of novel #2, I'll be sure to keep in mind these thoughts posted by Daily Literary Quote on my Google home page this morning.  It has me saying, "I want to write like that!"

"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was.  If you can get so that you can give that to people, then you are a writer."  Ernest Hemingway

See ya in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".