Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Age-Old Question

The "27 Club" sadly has a new member.  Up until this week and the news of Amy Winehouse's untimely passing, I had not been aware of such a coincidence of age.  Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison all were 27 when their lives were cut short.  What is it about 27?

As I've mentioned here before, I do enjoy checking to see what my astrological sign has in store for me each day.  On one of my favorite daily horoscope websites (I'll post the link below), I learned an interesting fact about the age of 27.  Apparently, it is one year shy of an important astrological event.  At the age of 28 or 29 depending on one's charts, a phenomena known as the Saturn Return creates a sobering, long-term thinking influence.

Lately, having experienced my own Saturn Return nearly ten years ago, I have been musing about how my age has affected my own perceptions.  One thing's for sure, it has been sobering because hang-overs now last nearly a week!  But while I miss my much-more-fit, what-was-I-complaining-about-back-then body from my twenties, I much prefer my mind at this age.  There's a reason I didn't attempt to write a novel in my twenties.  In fact, come to think of it, most successful novelists are past a certain age - and not because it takes so long to write one!

Here's the link about Amy Winehouse and her missed Saturn Return:
  http://www.cainer.com/

And, remember that comments are always welcome on my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Audry-Fryer-Author/207222035989970

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".