Thursday, February 17, 2011

Like a Kindle in the wind

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:
I have hit the "save and publish" button on the Amazon digital self-publishing page thus making Going Barefoot in Greener Grass available for anyone in possession of a Kindle for the ultra-low, bargain shopper price of $0.99!  Tell your friends.  Tell your neighbors.  Tell your cousin's roommate's sister who owns a Kindle!  News like this needs to be spread like dandelion seeds in the wind!

Well, here I am.  After much research, I have entered the virtual self-publishing world.  At first, I have to admit that I was hesitant, still gripping tightly to the dream of actually holding a paper-filled book in my hand.  And, it will be wonderful if that particular dream comes true someday.  But in the meantime, I was still speculative about the concept of self-publishing.  I imagined my novel sitting a sports bar with short skirt, low cut top and bright red lipstick looking desperate for attention.  But as I have been learning through various articles from blog posts to well-known publications, this image is simply not the case.  And, I learned a fascinating new term: Digital Natives.  I have three of them living with me right now.  They are anyone born after the advent of the Internet.  This bit of knowledge makes me feel really old, especially since I wrote a paper in college entitled, "The Internet: How Computers Talk to Each Other".  I, at the ripe age of 37, am not a digital native, but my children are.  And these digital natives are more interested in the quality of the read and the enthusiasm to generate it, than the material it's printed (or in this case, not printed) upon.
So, wish me luck ... and don't forget to spread the word :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow...Digital Natives! I live with two of them too! They learned how to use my iphone quicker than me!! Good move Mrs. AUTHOR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now going to order my very first book for my Kindle. I have saved this honor for my daughter's book "Going Barefoot in Greener Grass". So proud of you, Audry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome moment in your career. Congrats and looking forward to your next novel!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".